… and all I got was
Category Archives: MATEMATIKA. JAO
You know the story about a frog in a pot with water that is being heated up gradually? How the poor animal cannot feel it’s boiling, according to the famous legend?
True or not, I think the story describes some things in life quite well.
Like … getting old?
I’m a busy girl and so I haven’t noticed some of the less obvious signs telling me that, yes, I am 40 already. There’s cellulite and wrinkles and an occasional gray hair and my muscles are as flabby as always (despite working out), but these are the signs we all tend to check from time to time. I also tend to forget them. In front of a mirror is not my favourite place to dally, it has never been. Which explains some of my sartorial choices and the inability to distinguish between cheveux and chevaux to this day, really 😈
But what about other things? Any other signs I am in fact getting old and have been all this time, inevitably? Well, yes:
– After the last Paris trip I have sworn to myself never to book the cheapest hotel possible. Ever. It’s not romantic and after having tried to visit as many museums as possible, you need a good sleep which won’t be interrupted by people hitting each other and yelling.
– Our bed has become the … lap of luxury: only organic cotton is ever allowed and this year, we decided to skip Xmas presents to buy new blankets. Filled with camel hair. Yes. The stuff camels shed when the weather turns from freezing to warm is the best ever to cover your tired, old body with at night.
– I have never owned so many cardigans as I do now. I think I am officially in love with the concept: you can zip/button up the thing or not, you can take it off when it’s too hot and put it in a small bag you’ve sewn for that purpose (to carry tiny cashmere cardigans in a handbag) and you can feel well warmed up by your ersatz blanket whenever the need arises. Which happens more often, as you grow- exactly. 🙂 Old.
– It seems my collection of arm warmers (a pair of yak ones only, right now) will see the same fate: I adore all that knitted stuff covering a half of my hands. And I have always hated sleeves that are too short – meaning just about reaching my wrists – even as a young person. Believe me, at my height and clothes size, sleeves are usually dimensioned to offend.
– I have never in my life spent so much time cleaning as recently. Mind you, ours is still not the cleanest place because we both work too much and sleep too long to keep everything tidy and spotless, but it’s better now than it has ever been. Plus, I love cleaning, I always have. I wonder what’s to become of this … 😯
– I tend to buy clothes made of organic or recycled materials, mostly they are simple basics I can combine to get exciting styles 🙂
– Last week I said to my husband I am going to spend my retirement working out, making out, reading and sewing new things from old ones. 😳
– I don’t seem to remember the third meaning of the word “party”: there’s “political party” and there’s “contract party” and then there’s … errr … ? 😈
Endlich gibt es wieder die Lange Nacht der Mathematik 😀
Einer dieser Tage, wo man sich freut, Karlsruhe da zu haben.
This is one of the 3 scientific calculators I am allowed to have on me during my economy exam:
This one’s for the ladies, innit? 😯
Don’t worry, I’ve been developing strategies already to have it appear guilty for my exam fail end of September …
Who rule the world and stuff. 😈
Vor allem aber bin ich beleidigt. Diese Leute haben mir meinen Mathegenuss genommen und ich zahle auch noch dafür.
Noch vor zwei Monaten konnte ich es kaum erwarten, mit dem BWL-Modul anzufangen und endlich Mal die Mathe anzuwenden, die wir im Auffrischungskurs, nun, aufgefrischt hatten. Der mir so wahnsinnig viel Spaß gemacht hat. Continue reading
Danes je moj prvi dan kot študentka. Nedelja. To ni prvoaprilski vic, čeprav se res počutim nekam smešno.
Včeraj sem še zadnjič imela seminar matematike za “matematično izzvane” in bilo je …
BOŽANSKO. Hura za docente, ki dajejo veliko inštrukcij in tako učenje matematike za nespretne obvladajo do daske. Res. Tip je ponovno razlagal tako, da smo kar srkali vse skupaj, in ker primeri niso bili prehudi, smo lahko sodelovali. Celo Vaša Zvesta! “Emmmm … odvod od sinusa je … kosinus” – “ne čisto, nekaj vam manjka” – “minus kosinus!! 🙂 – “tako je!”) Ha.
Seveda še vedno ne bi vedela, kaj početi z integrali, sem pa pridno sodelovala v početju drugih, ki to obvladajo, in bilo je krasno. Zdaj se med študijem samo še moram izogibati ekonomskih predmetov, kjer je matematika potrebna, in se bolj držati pravnih tem, pa bom mogoče vsaj nekam prilezla. 😀
a) loga a2)-3 + (loga (1))3 = a-3 + 03 = a-3 ???
b) loga x2 + loga 1/x2 = loga x2 – loga x2 = 0 ???
c) ½ log (4) + 3 log (6) – 2 log (3*22) = (hmmmm: –log (4) + 6 log (6) – 4 log (3))) ???
d) logt √a + logt √(ab)-1 + ½ logt (b) = ½ logt (a) + ½ logt (a-1) + ½ logt (b-1) + ½ logt(b) ??? In potem?
😳 …. Ah ja: moj novi … elektronski park?